1. Ramírez-Moreno, L. and Olvera-Ramírez, R., Uso tradicional y actual de Spirulina sp. (Arthrospira sp.), Interciencia, 31, 657, 2006.
2. Sánchez, M. et al., Spirulina (Arthrospira): an edible microorganism. A review. Univer. Scient., 8, 7, 2003.
3. Khan, A., Bhadouria, P., and Bise, P.S., Nutritional and therapeutic potential of Spirulina, Curr. Pharm. Biotech., 6, 373, 2005.
4. Belay, A., Current knowledge on potential health benefits of Spirulina, J. Appl. Phycol., 5, 235, 1993.
5. Belay, A., Kato, T., and Ota, Y., Spirulina (Arthrosrpira): potential application as an animal feed supplement, J. Appl. Phycol., 8, 303, 1996.
6. Fox, D.R., Spirulina., production and potential, Aix-en Provence, France, Edisud, 1996.
7. Mendes, R.L. et al., Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction of compounds with pharmaceutical importance from microalgae, Inorg. Chim. Acta., 356, 328, 2003.
8. Campanella, L., Crescentini, G., and Avino, P., Chemical composition and nutritional evaluation of some natural and commercial food products based on Spirulina, Analusis, 27, 533, 1999.
9. Remirez, D., Ledon, N., and Gonzalez, R., Role of histamine in the inhibitory effects of phycocyanin in experimental models of allergic inflammatory response, Mediat. Inflamm., 11, 81, 2002.
10. Belay, A., The potential application of Spirulina (Arthrospira) as a nutrition and therapeutic supplement in health management, J. Am. Nutr. Ass., 5, 27, 2002.
11. Becker, E.W., Comparative toxicological studies with algae in India, Thailand, and Peru, In Algae biomass, Shelef, G. and Soeder, C.J., Eds., Elsevier/North-Holland Biomedical Press, Tübingen, West Germany, 1980, 767.
12. Dillon, J.C., Phuc, A.P., and Dubacq, J.P., Nutritional value of the alga Spirulin, World Rev. Nutr. Diet., 77, 32, 1995.
13. Chamorro, G. et al., Farmacología y Toxicología del alga Spirulina, Rev. Invest. Clín., 48, 389, 1996.
14. Chamorro, G. et al., Actualización en la farmacología de Spirulina. (Arthrospira), un alimento no convencional, Arch. Latinoam. Nutr., 52, 232, 2002.
15. Hernández-Corona, A. et al., Antiviral activity of Spirulina maxima against herpes simples virus type II, Antivir. Res., 56, 279, 2002.
16. Ozdemir, G. et al., Antibacterial activity of volatile component and various extracts of Spirulinaplatensis, Phytother. Res., 18, 754, 2004.
17. Hsiao, G. et al., C-Phycocyanin, a very potent and novel platelet aggregation inhibitor from Spirulina platensis, J. Agric. Food Chem., 53, 7734, 2005.
18. Nagaoka, S. et al., A novel protein C-phycocyanin plays a crucial role in the hypocho-lesterolemic action of Spirulina platensis concentrate in rats, J. Nutr., 135, 2425,
Was this article helpful?
I lost over 60 pounds and 4+ inches off my waist without pills, strenuous exercise, or any of the things that the diet experts tell you to do...and I did it in less than 4 months! If you have the desire, and can read through my e-book , then this is for you! I could have easily made it a lot more difficult, with stacks of information that people will never read, but why?