1. Pelaez, F., The historical delivery of antibiotics from microbial natural products—Can history repeat?, Biochem. Pharmacol., 71 (7), 981, 2006.
2. Berkowitz, F.E., Antibiotic-resistance in bacteria, South Med. J., 88 (8), 797, 1995.
3. Vonshak, A., Spirulinaplatensis (Arthrospira), Physiology, Cell-biology and Biotechnology, Taylor & Francis, London, 1997.
4. Moore, R.E., Cyclic peptides and depsipeptides from cyanobacteria: a review, J. Ind. Microbiol, 134-143, 1996.
5. Gerwick, W.H., Tan, L.T., and Sitachitta, N., Nitrogen-containing metabolites from marine cyanobacteria, in: Cordell, G.A. Ed., The Alkaloids, vol. 57, Academic Press, New York, pp. 75-184, 2001
6. Osborne, N.J., Webb, P.M., and Shaw, G.R., The toxins of Lyngbya majuscula and their human and ecological health effects, Environ. Int., 27, 381, 2001.
7. Mayer, A.M.S., and Gustafson, K.R., Marine pharmacology in 2000: antitumor and cytotoxic compounds, Int. J. Cancer, 105, 291-299, 2003.
8. Shimizu, Y., Microalgal metabolites, Curr. Opin. Microbiol., 6, 236, 2003.
9. Schopf, W., and Packer, B., Early Archean (3.3 Billion to 3.5 Billion Year Old) microfossils from Warrawoona group, Australia. Science, 70-72, 1987.
10. Stal, L. J., and Moezelaar, R., Fermentation in cyanobacteria, FEMS Microbiol Rev 21, 179-211, 1997.
11. Henning, M., Kohl, J. G., Toxic blue-green algae blooms found in some lakes in the German Democratic Republic, Int. Rev. Ges. Hydrobiol., 66, 553-561, 1981.
12. Skulberg, O.M., Codd, G.A., and Carmichael, W.W. 1984 Toxic blue-green algal blooms in Europe: a growing problem, Ambio., 13, 244, 1984.
13. Duy, T. N., Lam, P. K., Shaw, G. R., and Connell, D.W., Toxicology and risk assessment of freshwater cyanobacterial (blue-green algal) toxins in water, Rev. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 163, 113-185, 2000.
14. Jones, G.J., and Korth, W., In situ production of volatile odour compounds by river and reservoir phytoplankton populations in Australia, Water Sci. Technol., 31, 145-151,
Was this article helpful?
I lost over 60 pounds and 4+ inches off my waist without pills, strenuous exercise, or any of the things that the diet experts tell you to do...and I did it in less than 4 months! If you have the desire, and can read through my e-book , then this is for you! I could have easily made it a lot more difficult, with stacks of information that people will never read, but why?