1. World Health Organization (WHO) Report. Diet, Nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. WHO Technical Report Series 916, Report of a Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation, 2003.
2. Jenkins, D.J.A. et al., Glycemic index of foods: A physiological basis for carbohydrate exchange. Am. J. Clin. Nut., 34, 362, 1981.
3. Jenkins, D.J.A., Wolever, T.M., and Colier, G.R., Metabolic effects of low glycemic index diet. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 46, 968, 1987.
4. Jenkins, D. J.A. et al., Glycemic index: Overview of implications in health and disease. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 76 (Suppl.), 266S, 2002.
5. Miller, J.B., Glycemic index/glycemic load. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 76, 5, 2001.
6. Miller, J.B. et al., Low glycemic index diets in the management of diabetes: A meta analysis of randomized controlled trials. Diabetes Care, 26, 2261, 2003.
7. Ludwig, D. et al., High glycemic index foods, overeating and obesity. Pediatrics, 103, e26, 1999.
8. Mani, U.V. et al., Glycemic index of traditional Indian carbohydrate foods. J. Am. Coll. Nutr, 9, 573, 1990.
9. Mani, U.V. et al., Glycemic index of some commonly consumed foods in Western India. Asia Pacific J. Clin. Nutr, 2, 111, 1993.
10. Mani, U.V. et al., Glycemic index of cereal-pulse mix (diabetic mix) in NIDDM subjects. Int. J. Fd. Sci. Nutr., 45, 141, 1994.
11. Mani, U.V. et al., Study on the glycemic index of selected cereal-green leafy vegetables combination in NIDDM patients. J. Nutr. Med., 4, 321, 1994.
12. Mani, U.V. et al., Long-term effect of cereal pulse mix supplementation on serum lipid profile in NIDDM subjects. J. Nutr. Environ. Med., 7, 3, 1997.
13. Westphal, S.A., Gannon, M.C., and Nuttall, F.Q., Metabolic response to glucose ingested with various amounts of protein. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 52, 267, 1990.
14. Wolever, T.M.S. et al., The glycemic index: Methodology and clinical implications. Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 54, 846, 1991.
15. Mani, U.V. et al., Glycemic index of conventional carbohydrate meals. Br. J. Nutr., 68, 445, 1992.
16. Parikh, P., Mani, U., and Iyer, U., Role of Spirulina in the control of glycemia and lipidemia in type 2 diabetes mellitus. J. Med. Fds., 4, 193, 2001.
Was this article helpful?