Molecular Genetic Approaches

Although an estimated 99.8% of the deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequence that comprises the human genetic code is identical among all people, the genetic sequence varies at thousands of locations across the remaining 0.2% of the human genome. Many of these sequence differences cause individual differences in protein production, which may then lead to individual differences in neural development or adult brain functioning if the sequence differences occur in a gene that are expressed in the central nervous system. Two primary methods can be used to identify the approximate location of genes that contain sequence differences that influence a trait.

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Anxiety Away

Anxiety Away

The strategies revealed within Anxiety Away are fast acting, simple and guaranteed to work even if you have suffered from anxiety for a long time!

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment